Saturday, January 9, 2010

Is it bad???

I just shopped at Target today and felt like I was getting a bunch of great deals on things that I really need. Which doesn't happen a lot because most of the time I am sometimes 'stocking up' instead of buying for the week.
Well, I checked out and tried to pay close attention to the check out process. What things were ringing up for and then my coupons scanning correctly. But my girls were not being angels so I could not pay 100% attention. (Let me just say my oldest bit my young child. ugh.)
My total was $60 and I saved $44. Pretty good, I guess...I did feel a bit of coupon shopping deflation. I just had to get out of there and home so I waited to be home and relaxed before looking at me receipt.
I just looked over my receipt and noticed a few mistakes. **sigh** About $2.55 in coupons, I was charged regular price for 4 items that were on sale, and was charged for a yogurt that I didn't get. Now to put it into perspective that's about $5.35 OOP. Doesn't seem like much but at the same it kind of does.
I am debating going and talking to some one in customer service tonight. I usually don't. I never have before.
But the first thought I have is this is the exact reason I don't feel too bad when mistakes are made in my favor. It has happen to me. Does it even out? For whom? I don't know. Me or the store?
Honestly though I do feel bad and dishonest if I don't point our mistakes cashiers make when it's in my favor. I point out mistakes that the store makes, if I catch them during cash out.
But here's the big dilemma...is it bad? Bad to tell myself not to feel bad when mistakes are made in my favor? Especially if I see it while cashing out and don't say anything? Does it even out?

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I say if you can go by yourself tonight, then go. THis isn't the first time this has happened, so I would go back. It is the principle. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you were charged regular price for things that were on sale then that means other people are too. They might not catch it, esp if theya re not couponers and probably just throw away their reciept... and that isn't fair. If you want to go to Target and set things straight and the $5+ is worth it to you, then go ahead.
    You bring up a good point though. It might all even out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you go back to Target? I hope so!
    Sometimes mistakes happen in my favor, but i will normally try to back up there and tell them. So if I was wrongly charged for something, I would def go back and tell them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went back and they gave me the money back for the mistakes. Actually very easily. Strange...Target doesn't make anything easy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete