Tuesday, April 27, 2010

After reading this post of Alisa's and Natalie's comment, I was thinking of money saving. And food is a BIG expense for us, and probably most families. Natalie brought up that she tries to making eating out a special occasion. I agree and try to limit eating out to weekends only. Which doesn't always work.

After wanting to "just pick something up" today for lunch and then for dinner (I was SO good and didn't for either!) I ended making Baked Potato Soup for dinner. It was so good. I thought to myself "this is better than anything I would have picked up somewhere."

It's an easy go to meal of ours that everyone in the family likes! Here is the recipe!

If any of the ladies want to share, please do! I'd love to find some more go to meals.We can make it a monthly challenge here at CP Coupon Diva's. We can all make a post of an old or new meal we've cooked recently that our families really liked.

5 comments:

  1. Great idea Mary. How about we make it a meal that's easy on the budget since this blog is all about being frugal? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have our entire grocery bill down to $175. I will try to get my list of meals together and post them soon. I dont think I can go much more down on the amount I spend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie, Is that a monthly budget? Good for you, that is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes thats the monthly budget. been so busy lately, im going to get a list together soon I promise!

    ReplyDelete