Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Any amount saved, pays!


The last month or so I have not done a lot of coupon or deal shopping. I haven't gone through my binder or bought a newspaper much in the last few weeks. I didn't even go to the store last week except to get bread, milk, and eggs. Which sounds good for the budget but we ended up eating out more often...so it technically wasn't!

I headed to Target yesterday morning to get a deal I saw on Deal Seeking Mom and needed to shop. I usually would just head to HEB for food shopping without a coupon plan in hand. I went a head and tried to pair some coupons with items I needed at Target. I ended up saving $40.90 and spending $66.78 (after a $10 GC from a pharmacy visit).

Not bad?

It's no awe inspiring.

But it made me think...saving any amount is better than nothing. Yeah I spent more than I saved. No I didn't find any excitable deals.

My point...we all like to pat ourselves on the back, brag a little, when we do a phenomenal job at saving with coupons and deals. But that shouldn't discourage us or others.

Because weather it's $5, $40, or $100 saved through coupons and sales. It adds up. Anyone should be proud and happy to have paid less.

And realistically the majority of couponers probably don't save like what we see on all those news segments and 'brag' posts every single time they go to the store.

I don't. I know it's hard to believe, but it's true!

So, Keep clipping and remember any amount saved, pays.

3 comments:

  1. Well said,Mary! I completely agree- any amount you save, you should be proud of. I went to Smiths up in Albuquerque and had not taken my coupons with me. I needed to buy some sodas & chips for the family. I found a $1 off 3 sodas and .25 off peelies off the small bags of chips. I think I ended up paying $7 and saved $2, yeah I paid more but those $2 were $2 for a newspaper the next day...or maybe it was my McDonalds egg mcmuffin...
    I think it's amazing when we save an extraordinary amount (which takes alot of planning sometimes & clipping)but its even more amazing when you're in a crunch and you find a way to save- even if it is a dollar w/ in store coupons or peelies! :)You should praise yourself for the amount saved because it's extra money in your families pocket no matter the amount!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, ladies. I have slacked off on couponing somewhat, but I do all my grocery shopping at Target, and my savings is usually 40-50% of what I spend, which I think is pretty darn good. I get discouraged sometimes seeing all of you with your awesome deals, but this works for me. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEB is the way to go.... WIth the Combo loco buy 1 get 1 free, Meal deals and the instore coupons I save WAYYYYYY more $$ at HEB than anywhere else

    ReplyDelete