Thursday, August 6, 2009

.40 Walgreens trip!!!




So, I have not been so great with couponing lately. I save a lot, but I am not planning thoroughly enough, so I spend more than I would like (missing coupons, things ringing up wrong etc.) I spent quite a bit of time last night working on this, which was made a lot easier by post on Hip2Save. I gathered my coupons, wrote my list, triple checked it, and even wrote down possible items I would need to make the amt I needed to use my check. (I received a $25 check for transferring a presc back to Walgreens from Target--which I got a $10 gift card for a Target when I switched it there!!)




Here is what I did: deal from Hip2Save


**********
4 Jars of Ragu Pasta Sauce- on sale 2/$4
Buy 4 Skippy Peanut Butters-- on sale 2/$4
Buy 1 Vitamin Shampoo & Conditioner (13 oz) $3.99
Buy 1 Gum Toothbrush 2 pack $3.49 (out of stock--rec'd rain check)
Buy 5 boxes of Pop-Tarts $2 each
Total=$33.48


Coupons:Use 2 $1/2 Ragu coupons from the 8/2RP
Or use the $1/2 coupon from here: IE or Firefox
Plus, use 4 .50 Skippy coupons from the 8/2RP
Use the $1 Gum coupon from the 6/21RP (did not have that coupon)
Use 2 $1/2 Pop-Tart coupons from the 8/2RP
Plus, use 1 .55 coupon from here
Total=$25.93


Then use the $5 off $25 coupon
Pay $20.93 for all the above

BUT then get back a $10 Register Reward for the Ragu & Skippy,
a$3.99 Register Reward for the Vitamin shampoo
$3.49 Register Reward for the Gum toothbrush
$5 Register Reward for the Pop-Tarts.

Final cost after the Register Rewards FREE + a $1.55 moneymaker! Pretty sweet deal, huh?


**********


Here are the slight changes I made:
Since I had a $25 check, my total had to be $25 after the $5 coupon. (This $5 coupon is on the Walgreens site, but only good for 2 days Aug 5th-6th).

So, I added:

3 bottles of Hydrogen Peroxide (I am completely out) and used 3/$1 coupon from Walgs flyer
2 Scotch tape (bogo free sale, then used 1 .50 coupon)
5 dessert dishes .20 each (actually- I am reading receipt and these did not ring up 50% off, but it still worked with my total, so I'm not going to complain)
4 jell-o (used in-ad coupon with coupons from here) there are also coupons at the end of coupons.com I found
Did not do Gum toothbrushes

My total was $25.40!! So, I used my $25 check, had to pay .40 oop and received $19 RR!!!

I am so excited about this!! This makes me want to really take more time and be more careful when couponing.

Oh--Fran on Hip2Save said that she has bought gift cards with $10 RR. She has done this more than once with no problem. I am going to try it!! This is a great idea if you have RR that are about to expire, but nothing you want to buy! She said she has only tried on high dollar ones. I will let you know how my experience goes! (Oh- she said don't ask, because they will tell you no, but if they just scan it, it works!)




No comments:

Post a Comment