Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Call me C-R-A-Z-Y Part 2b


Wow!! This is challenging!

Entertainment tonight: Family went to neighborhood pool (FREE!)

Walgreens trip:
Huggies Wipes 64ct: .79 ---$2.79 (used $2 coupon from Walgs flyer found in-store)
*****THIS IS A MUST FOR EVERY MOTHER!! PICK UP A STACK OF THOSE COUPON BOOKLETS AND EVERYTIME YOU GO IN, PICK UP A BOX!!!******

Rice Krispies 2 boxes: have to check on this. I thought they were on sale for 2/$5, then I had (2) $1 off coupons, so they should have been 2/$3, then $2 in RR. But, they rang up 2/$8. :(

Milk 2 gal 2.99ea

Kraft single Easy Mac: 4/.50ea. Used (2) $1/2 manu. coupons stacked with Walgs flyer coupon $1/4.

Chips Ahoy: Sale 2/$5. Used .75/2 manu stacked with Walgs coupon $1/1. Unfortunately, it didn't work, so the mgr just changed the price of 1, but it still should have been $1 less. :(

2 dozen eggs: sale .99ea

Flinstones Vitamins: $6.99 used $1 manu coupon + $2 Walgs coupon from flyer

Also, Mentos gum, and marshmallows!

Total: $6.90 (should have been about half that because of Rice Krispies and Chips Ahoy mess-up)
Saved:$35.54

Budget used: $6.90
Budget left: $18.10

***FYI: The flyer at the front of the stores seems to be confusing everyone. On the front of the coupons, it is pretty clear it is a Walgreens coupon, which means it can be stacked. However, on the back, in very small print it says it is a manufacture coupon for Walgreens. I have checked other blogs, and some people have no problem with them going thru, while others have said they beeped and the mgr will not do it. My mgr seems to think they are Walgs coupons, but I think I will contact corporate and find out. So, just know if you are stacking them, they may or may not work.

1 comment:

  1. I got the Huggies wipes and that coupon is acting like a store coupon in the sense that you only have to scan the coupon once and it will attach itself to all of the items you have. I bought five tubs of wipes with one coupon and it took off $2 (5) times and had no problem when I used my manu. coupons with it. The only tricky thing I saw was that it's also acting like a manu. coupon in the sense that it counts in the register math. So to buy (5) wipes I had to use (5) manu. Q's, (1) Walgreens coupon and get 5 fillers. Just one more hoop to jump through but it was worth it for $.29 wipes!

    ReplyDelete