Monday, August 10, 2009

Call me C-R-A-Z-Y!!

I decided to challenge myself to not spend more than $25 this week on groceries, household items, clothing etc. I wanted to ONLY spend $25 on EVERYTHING, but as I awoke this morning, I remembered I had a dr. appointment today, med refill, $65 for car registration, $25 for contacts...you know the unavoidable things. So, I changed it to the groceries, etc. I challenged 3 friends to the same thing, and we have to report to each other this coming Sunday. I hope to update you everyday on what I am cooking, what I purchased, what sales I found, what coupons I used, etc...so maybe you can do the same! This will be a learning week, but I hope to implement a similar thing for my budget every month. We shall see!

Today:

Entertainment: went to friends' house while I was a dr.
Food:
Breakfast: donuts, cereal
Lunch: friend's house (thanks, Mary!)
Dinner: hamburger helper
Dessert: BlueBell ice cream!!

Money Spent:
-dr. visit
-car reg
-$0 on groceries, etc

1 comment:

  1. CRAZY!!! LOL...thanks for dragging me with you!! J/K I am glad to have a little goal. I don't think you need to include your Dr visit or Perscriptions, they should be including in your month budget because you are not going every week to do those things. I was including just food/deals/entertainment.
    Here's what I have spent..
    CVS deals-$22 got $9 ECB's
    HEB-$2
    Walgreens deals-$2

    $26. Already over :-) I messed up on my CVS deal and should have used a $5 coupon but didn't so it screwed my budget goal. I only plan to go get bananas and yogurt later this week at Target. I am guessing about $3. It's actually really hard!! I really do need to get an oil change as well...so that's probably another $25-30 but I am not including it because thats more like quarterly not weekly expense.

    This is really making me want to write a budget and do a money allotment for everything! I would really like to make some money saving and debt paying goals as well.

    ReplyDelete