Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It's all in your head...


When you start seeing the HUGE difference that coupons can make, your whole mentality changes. You only want to buy things on sale, and preferably stack a coupon on top of that for an even better deal. CVS and Walgreens are my challenges right now. I am trying to make it to where I only use RR and ECB when I shop there. This takes practice and planning. I am not there, yet, but I have started buying this that you get RR/ECB for, to turn around and pay for what I need.


For example, Tye and Kenadie went on my cereal run to Randall's today, and did pretty well. I had promised them a treat last night when I left on a Walg's run, and forgot, so in order to make it up, I told them since they were good while I was doing my stuff, we would get them a treat. I needed to stop by a Walg's for a clearance item I had been hunting for, and told them they could pick something there. Walg's did not have my clearance item, so I let them pick out some candy. They each picked out $1.99 bags of candy, and I found some popsicles I wanted to get. So, I had 2 choices. Just go and pay $6 for all that and leave, OR go back, find some RR items, and double my purchase. I went and found some toothpaste that was FREE after RR, and some shaving cream that was $1.99 and you got $1 RR. I paid for those first, and received $5.50 in RR!! I used those RR to pay for candy and popsicles...so for the same amount that I would have paid for candy/ popsicles, I also got toothpast and shaving cream! It is all in the mindset! No coupons were used for this trans, or it may have been cheaper, but you can still double your purchases doing it this way!


2 comments:

  1. Well actually you spent an extra $1 on the skintimate but I think its a great idea to go find RR items if you plan to just buy something at Wags anyway.

    ReplyDelete